Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Post #3 - GameBox 1.0

Please note this is a complete SPOILER and I am basically relaying how insanely stupid this movie was for your enjoyment. I suggest seeing the movie before reading this if you have any interest in it being surprise.

2004 Release
Directed by: David & Scott Hillenbrand
Written by: Worm Miller & Scott Casey
Starring: Nate Richert, Danielle Fishel, & Patrick Kilpatrick

This is going to be a really short review because I watched under 2 minutes of this piece of shit. I don't think I have ever seen a video game horror movie that wasn't absolutely awful, but this takes it to a whole new level. And YES, I can say that with full confidence after only 1 minute and 26 seconds of viewing.

The movie opens with the 4 quadrants of the screen showing a different scene. I especially liked the upper left of a set of hands holding a wired third party Xbox controller and pushing the buttons lifelessly. Then it cuts to a boy running down some sort of video game-ish looking hallway (by that I mean clearly CG and really cheesy and stupid) being chased by someone wearing a sun mask (it looked like he had half of a sun covering his face - what's so bad about that?). You can clearly tell they are running place and the graphics are so unbelievably bad that I couldn't even laugh at them, I was borderline offended. Then it cuts to the boy in bed, tossing and turning from the fright this apparently scary dream is causing him. It actually looks like he's having a grand mal seizure but I didn't wait to find out because I turned it off.

SO having said all that, I give this movie:I couldn't watch this movie. It gave me this really creepy feeling that something was wrong with me if I continued watching. 1 hook, whatever, it sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment