Monday, April 11, 2011

Post #15 - Devil

Please note this is a complete SPOILER and I am basically relaying how insanely stupid this movie was for your enjoyment. I suggest seeing the movie before reading this if you have any interest in it being surprise.

2010 Release
Directed by: John Erick Dowdle
Written by: Brian Nelson & M. Night Shyamalan
Starring: Chris Messina, Caroline Dhavernas & Bokeen Woodbine

I am not going to go into many details about this one because I don't want to ruin the twist of the ending. Despite all of Christian's warning this movie would be garbage, I admittedly was looking forward to it. I rented it from Blockbuster which should tell you just how excited I was. I didn't know anything about it, other than what I saw in the previews so I was pretty pumped.

This is the story of 5 strangers stuck in an elevator and one of them is up to no good - and what I mean by no good is, they are the devil. HAHAHA. The longer they are stuck in the elevator the more we get to know them and their story. Slowly the trapees begin to die in rather uncomfortable ways, and each death takes place when the lights momentarily go out. The remaining victims start to turn on each other until the end when only 1 remains and the devil shows himself/herself. That's all I will say on the plot.

This was another big BORE-FEST. It could have been good which makes it all the more disappointing. The idea is pretty cool but execution was rather crappy. I would recommend seeing it only to test yourself if you can guess who the culprit is.

SO having said all that, I give this movie:For some reason, I can't give this 1 hook. I was so excited that I can't for probably pride reasons give this 1. Don't get me wrong, it was bad, but I can't give it 1. See it and let me know if you guessed who the devil was. I actually can't remember if I guessed right or not, oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment