Saturday, April 16, 2011

Post #20 - The Lost Treasure of the Grand Canyon

Please note this is a complete SPOILER and I am basically relaying how insanely stupid this movie was for your enjoyment. I suggest seeing the movie before reading this if you have any interest in it being surprise.

2008 Release
Directed by: Farhad Mann
Written by: Clay Carmouche
Starring: Michael Shanks, Shannen Doherty & JR Bourne

Ok, this is going to be one where I need to make a disclaimer from the onset and that is, I watched under 5 minutes of this movie because it was so terrible. I really only wanted to watch til I saw the Doherty and then I was gonna turn it off, and that's exactly what I did. The first scene is of course awkward. I have no idea what country its supposed to be but a bunch of native American looking men are running along the side of a mountain towards the entrance to a cave. Once inside the cave every inch of the environment looks fake and I think I saw a light hanging from the ceiling at one point. These explorers are traveling through the cave when they are attacked by a bunch of the natives and in the midst of the fight some sort of creature that spits mucousy looking green stuff appears and starts to kill everyone. The last one to die is an older gentleman who is the Doherty's father, we know this because he is looking at a locket with her picture in it before he dies. Then it cuts to the Doherty! I have no idea why I was so excited at this point, I am not a fan of anything she has ever been in but I guess I love seeing actors resort to terrible horror movies to pay the rent. She's digging through some sort of expedition site and dressed all little house on the prairie like. When it cut to a close up of her face I couldn't get over how old and weathered she looked. I believe my comment to Christian was "Jesus she looks terrible. She looks like she's in her 40's, but wait maybe she is in her forties?" She is in fact, 40 this month so happy birthday and you should have moisturized Miss Doherty. Anyway, I turned the movie off at this point because there was truly no use watching anymore. It was clearly terrible.

SO having said all that, I give this movie:This movie looked bad and by that I think it was filmed on an old handheld camera. It was terribly acted from the 3 minutes I saw, but I did get to see the Doherty.

1 comment:

  1. ...so happy birthday and you should have moisturized Miss Doherty.

    haaaaaaaaaaaaahahaha my favorite review yet!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete