Monday, April 4, 2011

Post #8 - They


Please note this is a complete SPOILER and I am basically relaying how insanely stupid this movie was for your enjoyment. I suggest seeing the movie before reading this if you have any interest in it being surprise.

2002 Release
Directed by: Robert Harmon
Written by: Brendan Hood
Starring: Laura Regan, Marc Blucas & Ethan Embry

Wes Wes Wes...They...?

While this movie is plot wise very different from Dead Silence it does share one HUGE problem...Laura Regan and her goddamn hair style again. What's with this chick? Look at this picture, what is that? While I will admit it's much worse in Dead Silence, it's still inexcusable. Is she just every hair stylist nightmare or something? Get it...nightmare...nevermind.

So here we have the story of Julia Lund (Regan aka "ugly head") who begins to suffer from childhood night terrors after witnessing the suicide of a friend, Billy. Billy claimed he was being stalked by demons from his nightmares and his only salvation was suicide. She meets Billy's friends at the funeral who also claim to be experiencing extreme nightmares.

Julia is a pschology student...of course, all crazy chicks are into psychology, and is about to give her graduate dissertation when the night terrors return. She's dating this total goodie-2-shoes who is her Mr. Perfect and makes me gag in every scene. A whole bunch of stupid shit happens and Billy's friends begin to disappear. They are all marked by the demons who insert some sort of weird looking tooth pick under their skin leaving a wound that never heals. The most disturbing thing in this garbage movie was the scene where this one chick is picking her mark and its all purple and open and infected looking...she eats in a swimming pool locker room later.

Julia starts to lose her shit and blah blah blah. I have seen this movie a bunch of times because I enjoy wasting hours of my life away on movies I loathe and I still have no idea exactly what happens in the end. Julia ends up in her closet which is now like a huge black cave and these rubber bandy monsters are coming for her...I think she's a goner at the end but I really can't remember. I was too distracted by the way her stupid hair looked that I couldn't focus on the plot. This movie so melodramatic and serious it's criminal.

SO having said all that, I give this movie:This movie is really bad but because of the sheer numbers of times I have sat through it, I can't give it a 1, I feel it would be wrong of me. So, I will settle with a 2...it's really boring and you just want everyone to die and they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment